Joint Housing Policy Delivery Group
Posted on 20th Jul 2016 at 21:23 ( Last updated on 22nd Jul 2016 at 11:50 )Return to List of Current News Stories
Joint Housing Policy and Delivery Group
The Joint Housing Policy and Delivery Group brings together stakeholders from across housing. Working with Scottish Government officials, the group’s remit is to ensure that actions in the five-year Joint Delivery Plan for Scotland are taken forward. The plan was published on 3 June 2015.
Those actions will contribute to Scottish Ministers’ housing strategies, and to achieving their vision that all people in Scotland live in high quality sustainable homes that they can afford and that meet their needs.
Scottish Housing Event The delivery plan captures a crucial set of delivery actions which we collectively agree are vital at this time. The group reports to Ministers on progress with the delivery plan and act as an advisory group on emerging housing issues and legislation. By bringing together stakeholders in this way we aim to strengthen the existing partnership working and collaboration in the sector.
The group is co-chaired by the Scottish Government's Director of Housing, Regeneration and Welfare, Lesley Fraser, and Tom Barclay, Chief Executive of Clyde Valley Group. This reflects the spirit of co-production that was developed through the Housing Policy Advisory Group during 2014 and provides a platform to embed that approach more widely across the sector.
The aim is to ensure that we make the best use of all our resources and expertise to deliver better outcomes for the people of Scotland.
The following bodies are represented on the group:
- Association of Local Authority Chief Housing Officers
- Convention of Scottish Local Authorities
- Council of Mortgage Lenders
- Chartered Institute of Housing in Scotland
- Construction Scotland
- Existing Homes Alliance
- Glasgow and West of Scotland Forum of Housing Associations
- Heads of Planning Scotland
- Homes for Scotland
- Inclusion Scotland
- National Estate Agents Association
- NHS Health Scotland
- Regional Networks Tenant Organisations
- Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Scotland
- Royal Town Planning Institute
- Rural Housing Scotland
- Scottish Association of Landlords
- Scottish Fuel Poverty Forum
- Scottish Property Federation
- Scottish Solicitors’ Property Centres
- Scottish Federation of Housing Associations
- Sustainable Housing Strategy Group
- Tenant Participation Advisory Service
- Tenant Information Service
- University housing policy department
- University construction innovation unit